My Shop!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Tomatoes Appetizer

Happy Tomatoes
This appetizer is a fun and fresh twist on one of my sons favorites, a BLT.   Oh and even Paula Deen loved this twist of mine!!! So proud to be featured by her on RWOP.  Check it out and join the fun.
Paula Deen Spotlights at RWOP Link
  • Prep time: 15 minutes
  • Cook time: 2 minutes
  • Total time: 17 minutes
  • Servings: 15
  • 9 Slices of Fully Cooked Bacon, chopped
  • 15 Campari Tomatoes (or any ripe appetizer size tomatoes)
  • 1/4 cup(s) of Kraft Ranch Dressing & Dip
  • 4 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Chive & Onion Cream Cheese
  • 1 cup(s) of Kraft Sharp Cheddar Shredded Cheese
  • 4 ounce(s) of Shredded Iceberg lettuce
Steps
  1. I bought fully cooked bacon from store and heated it in the microwave for 2 minutes, following package directions to get it extra crispy. Set aside and let cool, then chop into small pieces.
  2. Slice and hollow out 15 tomatoes. I find a serrated knife and melon baller work real well for this.
  3. Mix in a large mixing bowl room temperature cream cheese with lettuce, cheddar cheese, ranch, and chopped bacon. Salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Using a spoon fill each tomato with some filling. Store left overs covered in fridge. Optional, top with some fresh chopped chives or finely diced red onion, and garnish plate with some fresh herbs.
If you would like to watch my cooking video for this recipe you can find it at the Real Women of Philadelphia.  The link to my RWOP recipe box is on the left side bar of this blog.

11 comments:

  1. Hi! I love bacon! And tomatoes. And cheddar cheese! I grow my own tomatoes every summer. Thanks for following my Girl Talk Blog. Now following you back. Funny, I have 2 boys too and the only woman in the house haha. I enjoyed looking around your awesome blog. Will be coming back for more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of your family at the grocery store, I've never seen that before, so unique!! I'm a new follower and I love bacon : ) Who doesn't? The tomatoes look delicious!!

    Here's my blog if you want to check me out too:
    http://anirishitalianblessing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your food photos are making my mouth water! And really, how can you go wrong with bacon?!?

    Vanessa
    New follower from Hop Along Friday

    http://cooperave.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look scrumptious honey!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delish!

    Would love for you to link up at Calling All Crafters!
    http://allthingsfee.blogspot.com/2011/05/calling-all-crafters-6th-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this looks wonderful! Thanks so much for linking up to Savory Sunday! don't forget to add the link in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those tomatoes do look totally delicious. I can see why Paula would like them. I'm your newest follower. I wanted to invite you to come over and share your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight today. Have a great day :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your recipe is in the spotlight this week on These
    Chicks Cooked! Thanks for sharing :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds great!
    Congratulations on the feature!!

    Stop by and see what I've maid :)
    http://www.willcookforsmiles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks great! I can't wait to get some fresh garden tomatoes for these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice your site thanks for sharing love you all team good work keep it up

    WiFi Hacking
    WiFi Hacker
    Password Hacker
    WiFi Hack Password

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.