My Shop!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My #1 Way I Monetize My Blog

Set Your Price. Choose your Advertisers. Sign up for SocialSpark!

I never started blogging to make money, but it's nice to be able to earn money doing something I love.  Just like the button says, at Social Spark you set your own prices and you choose your own advertisers.  It really is very simple.  You will receive an email from Social Spark when you have a lead, you can either accept the lead or negotiate the price for writing the post.  If it's not something you care to support, you simply don't accept the lead. Or if you feel it deserves more money, then you can negotiate the fee for your post.  The advertisers if they decide to work with you, will send you an offer, and you will receive another email from Social Spark.  At that time again you can accept or neglect the offer. 

To this date Social Spark has been for me the #1 way I have monetized my blog.  The great thing is I am getting paid to endorse products I use already.  To date the highest paid post from Social Spark I have written was for $200.  I would estimate the average offer is around $60 to $75 dollars.  I am not trying to boast, but give you motivation to take a little time if you haven't already to sign up with Social Spark.  The income is not to bad considering if I wanted to go back to work part time as a substitute teacher, I would have to work a full day to earn $80.  You will also receive offers that sometimes come with full size samples of the product, and even giveaway opportunities for your blog. 
 You can click the button link above and sign up today.
If you do decide to sign up, I would love for you to let me know in a comment below.


16 comments:

  1. Wow thanks for the information. Not sure if this applies to Australian bloggers, but I'm still picking my jaw up off the floor about what sub teachers get paid in the US. In Australia it's about $350 per day. No wonder things are so expensive here.

    A very interesting post
    Thanks
    Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the pay for teachers is crazy in Ca. I went to school to be a teacher but decided it wasn't for me after working a while in the field. If I was paid $350 a day I am sure it would have been more tolerable. I had two long assignments when subbing, leaving me at two different schools for an entire year. At that time you earn $120 a day, and have all the responsibilities of a FT teacher. Glad to know Australia has it right :)

      Delete
  2. PS I am a linky follower now too
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am already signded up, but rarely get leads. So far I have only had 1 lead that was something I would consider posting about.....and I think only 3 in total....any tips on how to increase them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might want to contact Social Spark. I know when I signed up I filled out a form online that discussed different topics I speak about on my blog (if I am remember correctly) it's been a while. I know some weeks I will write only 1 post, other weeks it seems super busy and I will get 4 or more offers. They have been very informative at Social Spark and easy to work with, I would message them and see if they have any tips. They can see your profile and know what needs to be changed to get you more offers.

      Delete
    2. thanks for the tip! I will contact them today!

      Delete
  4. Thanks Mindie! I am considering it. Any perk to you if I do it through your link? I'd hate to find out later that I could have done it that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Left you a comment on your blog but yes Danni I would love for you to use my link. They will give you your own referral link when you sign up.

      Delete
  5. Mindie, this is right on time for me. I'd given myself a goal of getting my site monetized but I didn't know where to start. Thanks for being so generous with your information :)

    P.S. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you in the Saucy Mama Contest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Shawn, I made it to the top 10 for Saucy Mama! Now they are taste testing the top 10 and will announce the winner on the 20th. Thanks for your support. I am not getting my hopes up, I know my recipe is great but all the entries look so good. I could not have made it to the top ten without my blog buddies votes and support. Thanks again.

      Delete
  6. Social Spark is a great way to earn a couple extra bucks on your blog:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this post. I have been thinking of taking on some advertising or some way to make a bit out of blogging so this came at a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow it's like you read my mind! I was just thinking about this, this past weekend, and was going to pick your brain about it. Thank you so much for the info. I'm not sure if I would get much considering my blog doesn't have nearly the followers yours does. That's my concern. I do get emails from businesses asking to do a giveaway and such, so maybe it would work for me? What do you think, should I build my blog up more first?
    Thanks again for your help and sharing this post with all of us :)
    Crafty Soccer Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not wait, it's true they track the traffic they receive from your post,so the more traffic you send them the more I am sure they will continue to work with you. But I think starting now gets you easily in contact with tons of advertisers. It really isn't about how many followers you have it's about how much traffic you have. I should mention I try to do all I can for my sponsors on Social Spark and otherwise by tweeting my posts, pinning the posts, sharing on Facebook and Tribber. I am sure they appreciate it too. One thing that I am very proud of is that I have written repeat articles for most of my Sponsors on Social Spark, which makes me feel like they are happy with my writing and the traffic I am sending them, enough to hire me again. I am sure you will give each Sponsor Nicole that kind of love, and they will appreciate it.

      Delete
  9. Hmmm...something to think about..I do get a ton of traffic...I can't help but look ever day to see how much traffic i've gotten the day before lol :) Sounds like I should start now. Thanks for the advice Mindie :)

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.