My Shop!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

What I Wore Goes Vintage Again & Easy 1 Minute DIY Accessories



I recently purchase this asymmetrical flap button vintage 1970s dress from Diaphanous Vintage on Etsy.  I wore it for the first time on Mother's day weekend.  My husband took a few quick pics of me before taking me out for margaritas, I mean lunch ;)


I love playing around with the look of a photo at PicMonkey.

I was really rushed for time getting ready that morning (what's new), and trying to find accessories to complement my new to me vintage dress.  I remembered I had some cute daisy flowers for scrap-booking. I quickly hot glued one to a ring blank, and one to a bobby pin.  I think they look great with my yellow belt and yellow vintage-y beaded necklace (both purchased recently on Ebay).

These DIY accessories only took a minute to make! So that's what I have been buying, making, and wearing.

Do you like to shop vintage? 
 If so let me know what great vintage pieces you have found in a comment below.

Please join us each Friday for our Anything Goes linky.

To see where I party check out my Linky Love page.


16 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! You know you're a true crafter when you can pull off some accessories in hurry like that LOL..you go girl! I'd entertain the thought of what I wore days on my blog...but that would consist of jeans, a hoodie and Nikes...Enjoy your weekend!

    Crafty Soccer Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I don't shop vintage because I don't know what's what.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Thanks so much for sharing at Sunday round up!
    Kayla :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember wearing a similar dress when I began teaching - you know, back in the vintage years! Cute accessories.

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really cute, lovely accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blue and yellow are my favorite color combination. Love the daisy accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute. Love the yellow belt. Happy to be your newest follower here. Found you through the link up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a confession-- I've never shopped vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't shop vintage usually but I am starting to sew vintage. ;) LOVE the accessories!! Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! It is all fabulous!

    I would absolutely LOVE to have you link this up on my Casual Friday link up party starting tomorrow, it would be perfect!

    Thanks!
    Allison
    http://twothirtyfivedesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this dress and your cute accessories! I will have to check out her shop -- I am such a vintage dress lover -- they really don't make them like this anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those daisy accessories!

    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's gotta be the speed record for making something so cute! Quick thinking and great idea! Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.